Somalia (Red Sea University) Creating Opportunities for Females through Sustainable and Planet Friendly Insect Farming
Call for applications
Tailor-Made Training (TMT)-Gender: Orange Knowledge Programme
Creating Opportunities for Females through Sustainable and Planet Friendly Insect Farming
Deadline: 17th April 2022, 12:00 PM EAT
This Tailor Made Training (TMT) is a food security capacity building project for Somali women involved in animal production sector funded by The Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs through NUFFIC (the Dutch organization for internationalization in education).
It is implemented by Aeres Training Centre International (Aeres TCI), The Netherlands and Red Sea University (RSU) is Somalia’s partner in this project.
During the project, selected female participants will be trained on insect farming technology as an alternative to the conventionally used protein sources in animal feed such as soybean and fish. The participants will also be trained onentrepreneurship which willhelp them tohave the necessary skills to start their business in insect farming for animal feed.
Successfully selected female participants will follow two weeks training (from 20th of June – 1st of July, 2022)at the Bug Picture, Kenya. The training will be provided by experts from the farm and Aeres Training Center International, the Netherlands.
There is great interest in using insects as animal feed in the recent years due to their high protein content. There are convincing data and studies showing that insect meal could completely or partially replace soybean meal and fish meal in animal feed.This gender-specific TMT aims to contribute in enhancing the capacity of female lecturers, graduates and extension workers to introduce alternative, cheaper protein sources of animal feed for more sustainable poultry production in Somalia.
- Have a minimum of bachelor degree in an animal husbandry related field.
- Be a female staff of an academic, government or other relevant institution working in animal production in Somalia.
- Have a strong motivation to contribute in improving animal production sector and developing sustainable animal feed in Somalia.
- Have a good command of written and spoken English.
All expenses of the training including local flights, accommodation, meals, local transportation, and medical insurance will be covered by the project.
Required documents (All documents must be in PDF format only and labelthem correctly e.g. CV, certificate etc.)
- Certificates and transcripts of all academic degrees obtained
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letter from your employer confirming your availability for the whole training sessions.
- Duly completed online application form through this link. Applications sent through email will not be considered
- Read this information sheet including eligibility criteria carefully
- Fill application form online using this link
NB: Incomplete applications and submissions received after 17th of April 2022, 12:00 PM will not be considered.
In case you need any additional information, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org