German University in Cario (Eygpt) Graduation of Class 2022 (MET, IET, EMS)
On 1st of October 2022, GUC celebrated on campus the second day of the annual graduation celebrations that coincide this year with GUC’s 20th anniversary. The Chairman of the Board of Trustees Prof. Dr. Ashraf Mansour along with GUC President Prof. Dr. Eng. Yasser Hegazy welcomed the graduates of Class 2022 that are awarded the B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Degrees , their parents and the attendees in their welcome speeches. This day was dedicated to the Faculties of Media Engineering and Technology (MET), Information Engineering and Technology (IET), and Engineering and Materials Science (EMS).
Eng. Daniel Sander, Managing Director of the Economic Council Baden Württemberg, gave the attendees a speech from the heart highlighting that the graduates of the GUC are world-class global citizens that are highly qualified and welcomed in Germany as they are in Egypt to contribute to and join businesses, industries and academia.
This was followed by the speech of Prof. Dr. Haytham Ismail, the Dean of the Faculty of Media Engineering and Technology who wished the graduates success in their future endeavors.
Then the valedictorians’ from the various faculties saluted their colleagues. They were:
- Ali Mohamed Abdelhameed Abdelfattah Kabeel (MET)
- Mostafa Amr Mohamed Abdelghany Abouelmagd (IET)
- Peter Magdy Zaky Abdelsayed Mankarious (EMS)
GUC was also honored by the attendance of:
- Mr Julius Georg Luy, GIU Chairman of BOT and former German Ambassador to Egypt.
- Prof. Dr. Shrief Sedky, President of the Egyptian Space Agency.
- Eng. Ayman Hossam Eldin, President of the Egyptian Consumer Protection Agency.
- Prof. Dr. Eng. Tarek El Nabarawi, Head of Egyptian Engineers’ Syndicate.
- Members of the German Parliament (Bundestag).
- Members of the Egyptian Parliament.
- Dr. Gehan Zaki.
- Representatives of Educational and Economical Institutes in Germany.
- Robert Walter Huber, Chairman of the Foreign Trade Committee of Karlsruhe, Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Prof. Dr. Hossam Eldin Abdel Fattah, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University.
- Prof. Dr. Shrief Morad.
- GUC Deans: Prof. Dr. Haitham Ismail, Prof. Dr. Moustafa Baraka, Prof. Dr. Mohamed Elmahdy.
- Editors in Chief and Media Delegates.
- Presidents of Banks, Public and Private Companies, and Telecommunication Companies in Egypt.
- Mr. Mohamed Abdalla, CEO of Vodafone Egypt.
- Representatives of German Schools and Institutions in Egypt.
The GUC Pledge was conducted by Prof. Dr. Tallal El-Shabrawy, Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs from the Information Engineering and Technology Faculty.